Hiking Snow Mountain in Taiwan for CHEAP! Update Nov 2019
How to Save your money? Read carefully all the instructions below!
This website is born from an avid Singapore girl hiker.
Here is the regularly updated DIY guide for Xueshan Trek in Taiwan:
CHECK our HIKING TOUR PACKAGE on the RIGHT of your screen or DOWN BELOW at the ⇓ FOOT PAGE ⇓↓⇓
ITINERARY of Xue shan hike:
- The Hike starts at Wuling Farm Xueshan Trailhead (2140 m altitude) – Metres above sea level
- with 2 km to Qika cabin (2500 m altitude)
- followed by 4 km to Xueshan East Peak (3150 m altitude) via “Crying slope”
- then 1 km to 369 cabin (3100 m altitude),
- finally 4 km to the summit of Snow Mountain = Xue Shan (3886 m)
- It’s a total of 11 km going up and down to reach the Summit of Snow Mountain aka Xueshan aka Mount Sylvia.
DISCLAIMER: Information in that website are for EXPERIENCED HIKERS. Rescue Officer told us that too many people go to the High Mountains with poor equipment, with poor physical fitness, with poor sense of direction etc.
Many hikers brag on their blog that they did it solo and easily.
Reality is: “it is not easy for 92% of the population to climb High Mountains in Taiwan!”
IF you are NOT an experienced hiker then our best advice for your own sake is to join a group tour with a company!
GO SOLO at YOUR OWN RISK!
It’s not very difficult to go Hiking Snow Mountain but you have to wake up very early to grab a parking space at the trailhead!
How to go to Xueshan from Taipei?
First of all, from Taipei, it takes more than 3 and a half hours by car to join Wuling Farm then 20 min to arrive at the trailhead.
It takes ONE DAY by public transportation from Taoyuan to Taipei to Yilan to Wuling Farm to Xueshan trailhead!
Do you want to hire a driver to save time?
Read More »2D2N DIY Xueshan Trek TAIWAN Snow Mountain 2019 BEST EXPERIENCE